Children at Carriage House Day Care Center follow a flexible daily schedule that meets the individual needs of the diverse population of children and families served by the program, including those with cultural, language, and developmental differences.
The daily schedule includes indoor and outdoor physical activities, which will allow for fine and gross motor development.
The daily schedule includes opportunities for problem-solving experiences that help to formulate language development and sensory discrimination.
Children will have the opportunity to express their own ideas and feelings through creative experiences in all parts of the program including:
- Arts and media
- Dramatic play
- Motor activity
- Language learning experiences
- Experiences that promote self-reliance and build self-esteem
- Health education experiences that model good health practices, sound nutrition, and safety awareness
- Child-initiated and staff-initiated experiences
- Exploration and discovery
- Varied choices in materials and equipment
- Individual and small group activities
- Active and quiet play
- Rest, sleep, or quiet activity
- Nutritious snacks
- Toileting and clean up
Children learn in the real world, with real things, with real people!
Children learn best when they are learning what they want to learn!
Each child’s potential for learning is greatly increased when the family is involved!